From social stress, transition and divorce, bullying and trauma, children and adolescents are under more pressure now than ever before. Young people often struggle with self-image and self-esteem issues, sometimes depression and eating disorders, and substance abuse is a big threat in today’s hurried, stressful pace.
Attachment and Trauma Therapy specializes in providing therapy for children, teenagers and young adults, working from a strengths-based approach.
Therapy can be an opportunity to:
– Learn about yourself and discover who you are
– Address concerns about depression or anxiety
– Receive treatment for ADD and learning disorders
– Increase self-esteem, confidence and assertiveness
– Develop a positive relationship with food and your body
– Understand the way you communicate and learn new skills
– Explore feelings about making positive decisions about sex and relationships
– Improve time management, prioritization and organizational skills
– Understand the shifting roles and boundaries in your relationships with your family
– Receive academic or career counseling
– Learn positive self-care
Attachment and Trauma Therapy has therapists on staff who young people can relate to and understand. Our therapists are warm, compassionate and non-judgmental. We understand the issues that children, teenagers and young adults face with regard to school, family, relationships and life in general.